The Connection is a wonderful place to work. Many positions offer flexible hours; and, employees are eligible for facility use and class discounts. Applications are available at the Front Desk or click here to download. The Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our differences make us better.
The Connection is celebrating 100 years of providing innovative programs ensuring opportunities are available to all.
The Connection in Summit is seeking Lifeguards to join our team. In this position you will:
- Monitor swimming areas and aids and protection to users of the pool and aquatic facility
- Ensure the safety of patrons of the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies as a lifeguard.
- Supervise and guard the pool and aquatic facility and ensures participants adhere to all Connection aquatic guidelines and procedures.
- Always presents professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking experienced swim instructors to join our team. In this position:
- You will be responsible for teaching safe pool and water practices to each student while instructing swimming skills and techniques in a manner which is both beneficial and safe.
- You will ensure the safety and well-being of all class and program participants during youth and/or adult classes.
Water Exercise Instructor
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking an experienced Water Exercise Instructor to join our team. In this position:
- You will provide a challenging exercise routine in either deep or shallow water that utilizes all major muscle groups in the body and challenges the cardiovascular system.
- You will instruct the water exercise class in accordance with course description and curriculum goals established by Aquatics Director.
- Instruct each class participant in a way that he/she understands the class format and is exercising in a manner that is both beneficial and safe.
Adult Dance Instructor
The Connection is a non-profit, women-led organization dedicated to enhancing lives and fostering community.
The Connection, a community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is searching for highly motivated and enthusiastic Adult Dance Teacher. In this role, you will:
- Instruct evening adult dance program classes in accordance with course description and curriculum using proper terminology and accurate verbal & physical representation.
- Create a fun and safe learning environment for the students.
- Responsible for being prepared for each class with appropriate instructional materials.
- Make recommendations regarding ordering of any equipment and/or supplies needed as well as in the design and content of new and current classes.
For over a century, The Connection has consistently been at the forefront of community service and positive change for youth, adults, and the greater Summit community. The current Executive Director is retiring, and the organization is seeking an experienced, inspirational, and creative leader who is driven to make a positive impact. Partnering with and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for The Connection’s staff, programs, and external relations in advancement of the organization’s mission and achievement of its vision.
The Connection, a community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is seeking a Full-Time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team. This position is on-site at The Connection in Summit, NJ with a potential for hybrid.
The newly created Chief Financial Officer position will serve as a key member of the management team and is responsible for the financial stewardship of the organization including budgeting, forecasting, cash and reserve fund management, payroll, accounting, risk management, and compliance. This is a hands-on position requiring daily bookkeeping and accounting operations as well as strategic short and long-range planning.
Gymnastics Coach/Instructor, Part Time
The Connection Gymnastics – Summit Summies Team in Summit, NJ is looking for professional, mature, positive, energetic, and reliable part time Coaches/Instructors to join our growing program. Must work well with other staff members in a team environment. Our program is delivered in a positive and progressive environment. We provide an opportunity for gymnasts of all levels to learn and to develop life skills that will be with them when they leave the gym.
Opportunity to coach USAG levels 3,4,5, 6,7, Xcel Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Depending on interest, experience, knowledge and availability, coaching responsibilities are available as an assistant or in a lead role to continue developing excellence and team growth for all levels. Additional hours are available in the class program.
Gymnastics/Tumbling/Warrior Instructor, Part Time
The Connection Gymnastics and the Summit Summies Team located in Summit, NJ is looking for professional, mature, positive, energetic, and reliable Instructors to join our growing program. Our program is delivered in a positive and progressive environment. We provide an opportunity for gymnasts of all levels to learn and to develop life skills that will be with them when they leave the gym.
Recreational class instructors needed for weekday mornings, early afternoons, after school, weekend, preschool and school age girls’ gymnastics, tumbling and warrior classes. Flexible scheduling is available.
The Connection is looking for a dance instructor for preschool and school age classes. In this position, you will be responsible for providing a fun and effective class to members participating in the program. You will teach a dynamic program using the fundamentals of dance.
Click Here to download a Volunteer ApplicationESL Volunteers
The Connection is seeking friendly volunteers to teach English as a Second Language to non-English-speaking adults at The Connection. No prior experience needed, and training and resources provided. This is an excellent way to give back to our community and meet wonderful people from around the world. Minimum time commitment is 2 hours a week.
Please contact our ESL Director, Moona, at firstname.lastname@example.org