The Connection is a wonderful place to work. Many positions offer flexible hours; and, employees are eligible for facility use and class discounts. Applications are available at the Front Desk or click here to download. The Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our differences make us better.
We have put in place COVID-19 safety guidelines for staff and members. These include daily health screenings, face mask requirements, and enhanced facility cleaning.
The Connection, a community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is seeking a part time Enrichment Licensing Coordinator.
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking experienced Lifeguards to join our team. In this position:
- You will monitor swimming areas and provides assistance and protection to users of the pool and aquatic facility
- You will ensure the safety of patrons of the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies as a lifeguard.
- You will supervise and guard the pool and aquatic facility and ensures participants adhere to all Connection aquatic guidelines and procedures.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
Assistant Aquatics Director
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs is looking for a part time Assistant Director who is passionate about Aquatics and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for assisting with the management and operations of the pool. This includes instruction, recreation, and competitive aquatics programs.
- Assists Aquatics Director in developing a comprehensive aquatics program, increasing participation in aquatic activities, and growth in membership.
- Supervises and guides the operation of the pool, lifeguards, and instructors during aquatic programs/activities as assigned by Aquatics Director.
- Serves an instructor for designated aquatic classes and lifeguards when needed. Fills in when necessary to ensure continuation of all programs/activities.
- Assist Aquatics Director in scheduling and ensuring all staff shifts are properly covered.
- Comply with all health and safety protocols required by the Department of Health, including, but not limited to, COVID regulations.
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking experienced swim instructors/lifeguards to join our team. In this position:
- You will be responsible for teaching safe pool and water practices to each student while instructing swimming skills and techniques in a manner which is both beneficial and safe.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all class and program participants during youth and/or adult classes.
Water Exercise Instructor
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking an experienced Water Exercise Instructor to join our team. In this position:
- You will provide a challenging exercise routine in either deep or shallow water that utilizes all major muscle groups in the body and challenges the cardiovascular system.
- You will instruct the water exercise class in accordance with course description and curriculum goals established by Aquatics Director.
- Instruct each class participant in a way that he/she understands the class format and is exercising in a manner that is both beneficial and safe.
The Connection, a leading community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is seeking a responsible, reliable person to join our Custodial/Building Maintenance team.
The Connection, a leading community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ is seeking a part-time school bus driver. In this role, you will transport children to and from local schools during the school year.
The Connection, a community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is seeking a professional, positive, energetic, and reliable Gymnastic-Warrior Coach/Instructor to join our growing program.
The Connection and the Summit Summies, a community-based nonprofit organization in Summit, NJ, is looking for a part-time Gymnastic Coach/Instructor who is a professional, positive, energetic, and reliable coach/instructor to join our program. Must work well with other staff members in a team environment. Will consider coaching experiences from pre-team to advanced competitive levels, school age through high school.