July 30, 2020
The Connection is pleased to have attained approval to reopen the pool in a limited capacity beginning Monday, August 3.
Four members at a time will be able to swim laps or exercise (on their own) for 40 minutes between 7:15am and 4:15pm Monday through Friday.
There will be one swimmer per lane entering, resting and exiting at alternating ends of the pool.
Staff will thoroughly sanitize the pool touch surfaces in between sessions. In order to maintain safety, no additional swimming time may be added so please be on time.
At the present time, the locker rooms must remain closed so members must enter and depart wearing their suit. Please also bring your own water in a water bottle as our water fountains have been shut off.
In order to protect you and our staff, and comply with government restrictions, we have put a number of procedures and protocols in place.
Registration & Waiver
- Registration is required prior to attending. You may register online for the week ahead on Sundays beginning at 12am. You may also call the Front Desk Staff for assistance in reserving a time slot.
- Members will be required to electronically sign a waiver prior to participating in lap swim. Total Facility Members received an email on 7/30/20 with their unique barcode to sign the waiver electronically. If you did not receive your barcode, please email email@example.com. Once you have your barcode, click here to fill out the waiver electronically.
Click here if you need instructions.
- Once the waiver is completed, you may reserve a lane for 40 minutes. Log into your account here. Your login is your email address, select “ forgot my password “ to receive a new password. Once in the system, view programs and select “swim” and then date and time to register. Please contact the front desk if you require assistance (908-273-4242) or click here for step-by-step registration instructions.
- Prior to entering the building, everyone must answer health screening questions and have their temperature taken. If you answer yes to any of the questions or have a fever of 100.4 or higher, you may not enter the building.
- Once in the building, please check in at the front desk while observing social distancing.
- Proceed to the Aquatics Hallway and line up on the markers.
- Aquatics staff will welcome you at the door to bring you in one at a time.
- Place your belongings and face covering in the bin provided to you. It will then be placed in front of your swim lane (don’t forget to bring a towel).
- Aquatics staff will lead you to an on-deck shower to rinse off and direct you to a specific lane (swimmers may not choose lanes).
- After rinsing off, you may enter the pool at your lane, by the ladder or the stairs.
- Swimmers should take breaks and exit the pool on the same side they entered.
- Aquatics staff will have swimmers exit the pool one at a time and lead them to the exit by the parking lot.
- If you would like to rinse off at the deck shower after swimming, you must do so before the end of your swimming time.
- If you wish to use equipment (fins, kickboard, etc.) you must bring your own.
- If you finish your lap swim before the allotted time, please get the staff’s attention to escort you out.
- Talking to one another while in the pool is not permitted.
- A whistle will be blown to conclude lap swim. At that time, you should practice social distancing and go to the side of the pool where you started.
- Staff will guide each member out of the pool one at a time.
- You will gather your belongings, put on your face covering, and exit through the door leading out to the parking lot.
- If you require a restroom, notify the staff and they will direct you to one.
We can’t wait to see you back in the pool and we appreciate your patience as we navigate these new waters together!