Looking to help? The following organizations are in need:
- HOW WE CAN HELP There are a number of ways to help Atlantic Health System which includes Overlook and Morristown hospitals. Donations of equipment, financial support and making face masks are needed. Details and tutorials can be found here.
- DONATE BLOOD The Red Cross is suffering a severe blood shortage. Find a location here.
- BRIDGES continues to serve people experiencing homelessness—those who have nowhere to shelter in place or isolate. You can support their efforts by purchasing items from their Amazon Wish List and making a donation.
- Founded in Summit, THE COMMUNITY FOOD BANK, fights hunger and poverty and is experiencing increasing demand. Learn how you can help and donate here.
- FRONT LINE APPRECIATION GROUP OF SUMMIT (FLAG), with help from Summit Police Athletic League (PAL,) is raising funds to provide meals from local restaurants to Overlook Medical Center staff who do not have access to the cafeteria during their long shifts. Info found here; donations can be made here (choose “add special instructions” and specify “FLAG”).
- GRACE (Giving and Receiving for our Community’s Essentials) is accepting donations of cleaning supplies and toiletries. Drop off at the Summit UPS Store or at Memorial Field’s Cornog Field House at 1pm, Tuesdays (or by appointment by texting Amanda Block at 917.517.3203 ).Monetary donations to GRACE can be made through the Junior League of Summit.
- OTHER FELLOW FIRST FOUNDATION aims to raise $25k to support local organizations which provide life-sustaining services (including SAGE, Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad, GRACE, SHIP and Loaves and Fishes). You can join by making a donation here.
- SAGE is seeking support of homebound seniors with product donations accepted at 290 Broad Street, Summit (M-F, 9a-Noon only; please call 908-273-5554 upon arrival for a contactless dropoff): Healthy Choice frozen meals, Low sodium soup, Toilet paper and tissues, Liquid hand soap, Lysol spray and Clorox wipes, Shampoo and toothpaste. You can also make a monetary donation here.
- SUMMIT MARCHES ON is compiling a list of registered volunteers to support seniors and immune-compromised neighbors run errands during the outbreak: email@example.com. Click here to adopt a local family who is having trouble affording groceries.