Who: Any woman who is undergoing or recovering from the treatment of any type of cancer and wants to improve fitness and overall well-being.
What: 16 total hours of free one-on-one fitness training with Connection Fitness Trainers/Certified Cancer Exercise Specialists. The first session is for one hour. The remaining sessions can be 30, 45, or 60 minutes, at your discretion. Assessments are completed on the first day, mid-point, and the last day of training.
When: Two days a week between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday (dates and times are based on the Fitness Trainer’s availability).
Where: The Fitness Center at The Connection, 79 Maple Street, Summit, NJ.
Why: To help female cancer survivors regain strength, flexibility, cardiovascular health, balance and improve mental well-being.
Your Personal Sessions
Pathways will help you coordinate the days, times, and length of your fitness sessions with your Fitness Trainer. You pick from the following modalities, with guidance from your trainer (feel free to mix and match):
- Cardio/Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Meditation/Reiki (at end of session)
- Provide medical clearance letter from treating physician
- Complete Initial Health Assessment Form provided by The Connection
- Answer quick health screening questions and have temperature checked each time before entering The Connection
- Wear mask or face covering inside The Connection and during training sessions
- Stand 6 feet apart from trainer and any other individual in Fitness Center
- Sign The Connection Liability Waiver
The Connection, including its Fitness Center, follows strict protocols pursuant to NJ Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
For any questions about the Program, please contact Pathways Director, Lesley Andrews – email@example.com or (908) 273-4242, ext. 154
The Pathways Sister Strong Fitness Program is made possible, in part, by a generous grant from the Junior League of Summit.