The Connection is a wonderful place to work. Many positions offer flexible hours; and, employees are eligible for facility use and class discounts. Applications are available at the Front Desk or click here to download. EEO
For Summer Camp employment opportunities, click here. Summer Camp runs June 25 – August 24.
- Bus Driver, P/T
Primarily driving children Monday – Friday from 2:30 – 4:30 pm but other hours may be available. Class B CDL license with P and S endorsement as well as driver’s abstract required. Please send resume to email@example.com or stop in to complete an application. The Connection will consider pay licensing fees.
- Custodian/ Building Maintenance P/T
The Connection is seeking a responsible, reliable person to join our Maintenance team. You will be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of our facility. This includes sweeping, dry or wet mopping, trash removal, cleaning of men/women’s rooms and locker rooms. You will also be responsible to set up and break down class and meeting rooms including any cleaning that may be needed. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must possess a working knowledge of general cleaning operations and methods, cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals and their safe application as stated on product labeling.
- Must have a basic knowledge of facility maintenance (i.e. painting, plumbing, lighting, etc.)
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow instructions and complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate safe work practices such as preventing trip hazards (cord use on vacuums), correct ladder use in changing light bulbs and cleaning windows, proper warning of wet or waxed floors, etc.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude and desire to continually improve facility janitorial tasks to reduce costs while keeping the facility clean.
- This position includes, lifting, bending, stooping, standing, climbing, pulling, and reaching.
Hours: Position available includes evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Competitive compensation offered. Membership discounts offered to staff and their families (work hour minimums apply) including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.
- Aquatics Director, F/T
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs is looking for a director who is passionate about Aquatics and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Aquatics Director plans and manages all aspects of instructional, recreational, and pre-competitive programs. Responsibilities also include pool facility operations and maintenance. The Director hires, trains and supervises a staff of 50. The position reports to the Senior Director and includes teaching/coaching/guarding as well as some evenings and weekends.
Requirements: Applicants should have four years of experience in lifeguarding/coaching/swim instruction including aquatics supervision/management with two years of customer service experience. Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate is required and Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) is preferred. NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) are also preferred and will be required within one year of employment.
Compensation: Competitive compensation offered. Membership discounts offered to staff and their families (work hour minimums apply) including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.Please email resume to Nancy MacNiven at email@example.com.
Weekend Aquatics Supervisor, P/T
The Connection is seeking an Aquatics Supervisor available Saturday and Sunday from 8:45am-4:45pm. Responsible for supervising staff, overseeing all scheduled programs/activities, interacting and communicating with facility members, and assisting with teaching as necessary. Experience in all learn to swim levels and certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR-PR, and AED is needed. Email resume to Andréa Falcone at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lifeguard, P/T
The Connection is seeking lifeguards: Shifts available weekday evenings 5:45pm-10:00pm and weekends 6:45am-10:00am, 10am-1pm and 1pm-5pm. Must be certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED. Email resume to Andréa Falcone at email@example.com
DANCE AND PERFORMING ARTS
- Ballroom Dance Instructor, P/T
The Connection is seeking a substitute Ballroom Dance Instructor. Please email resume and pay requirements to Dance & Performing Arts Director, Jessica Fascenelli Weisenbach at jessica.fascenelli@
- Irish Dance Instructor, P/T
The Connection is seeking an Irish Dance instructor. Previous Irish Dance teaching or performance experience required. Please email resume and pay requirements to Dance & Performing Arts Director, Jessica Fascenelli Weisenbach at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School AfterSchool Director, P/T
The Connection is seeking a qualified, experienced, and organized After School Site Director . The ideal candidate holds a college degree in Teaching, Education, Social Work, or a related field; NJ State Teachers Certifications preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree. The candidate should have experience supervising groups of Middle School-aged youth and planning engaging activities. Additional responsibilities include supervising program assistants, ordering and organizing site supplies, representing the program to the school, and other administrative tasks.The Connection Middle School AfterSchool Program offers a daily program for Middle School-aged youth attending Summit Public Schools. The program is currently offered at The Connection’s facility.Retired teachers, graduate students, and summer camp directors encouraged to apply!Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a 5-day afterschool program The Connection in Summit, NJ;
- Supervise up to one part-time Program Assistant;
- Create a daily schedule that includes homework help, clubs, and other activities;
- Develop strong relationships with parents and families of all youth;
- Craft a vision for engaging clubs, plan their content, and implement them;
- Use positive behavior management strategies to support continued engagement of youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Teaching, Social Work or related field with elementary teaching certificate preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience managing part-time support staff
- Background in planning club-based activities
- Ability to help youth with homework daily
- Fun, active, and creative mindset toward working with adolescence
- 20 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 2:45pm – 6:00pm while school is in session, following the Summit Public Schools calendar. Additional hours may be offered and approved by Director of Enrichment Programs and Camps.
- Competitive compensation offered. Membership discounts offered to staff and their families (work hour minimums apply) including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.Send resumes to Sean O’Connor at email@example.com
- Nursery Staff, P/T
The Connection is seeking staff members for a drop-in babysitting room serving children ages 6 months and older. Flexible daytime, evening and weekend hours. Applicants must pass a background screening, have references and be extremely reliable. Please send your resume to Esen Kusmin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Enrichment Instructor, P/T
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatics, fitness and enrichment programs is looking for PT Youth Instructors to join our team. Each class is offered once a week as part of a full spectrum of enrichment classes. Enrichment classes are 45-minutes or an hour depending on the age group of the students.In this position you will:
- Enrich the lives of children by delivering engaging, enrichment classes in overall and specific areas within the S.T.E.A.M. arena (STEM, Art, Coding, etc.).
- Guide students in educational activities designed to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth.
- Teach students to work individually and collaboratively to solve problems and to think both logically and creatively.
- Dependable, punctual and responsible individual with high energy and a child-friendly persona.
- Classroom or group management skills, particularly with children.
- Experience in the instructional subject area.
- Experience developing age-appropriate enrichment curriculum.
- Ideal candidates are teachers, former teachers, teacher’s aides and education majors.
- Current college students are encouraged to apply as this position is an excellent way to gain teaching experience.
- Competitive compensation offered.
- Membership discounts offered to staff and their families (work hour minimums apply) including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.
Please send resume and availability to the Youth Program Director, Laura Burton, at email@example.com
There is a place for everyone at The Connection! If you have the desire to help, we can be flexible to meet your schedule. Volunteer at The Connection and take part in a rewarding experience that will enrich both you and our organization.
Volunteer Dance & Performing Arts InstructorThe Connection is seeking a volunteer assistant Dance & Performing Arts instructor. This is a great opportunity for teens and tweens to gain experience and volunteer hours. Please email Dance & Performing Arts Director, Jessica Fascenelli Weisenbach at jessica.fascenelli@
- Special Needs Swim Program, Saturdays & Sundays
Must be ages 15+ and comfortable in deep and shallow water. Volunteers will be working with special needs participants ages 3-adult on Saturdays 12-1pm and/or Sundays 1:30-3:30pm. Email Andréa Falcone at firstname.lastname@example.org
- English as a Second Language
Tutor newcomers to the U.S. No experience is necessary. Flexible hours, Monday-Thursday; mornings or Monday evenings. Email Jane Walbridge at email@example.com
- Urdu Speaker Volunteer Needed for ESL
Tutor individual Urdu speaking student. No experience is necessary. Flexible hours, Monday-Thursday; mornings or Monday evenings. Email Jane Walbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voluntaria Bilingue | Bi-lingual Pathways Volunteer
Bilingue mujeres sobrevivientes de cancer de seno para proveer apoyo a mujeres de habla hispana.
Bi-lingual breast cancer survivors to provide peer support to Spanish speaking women. Email Lesley Andrews at email@example.com
- Drivers and Cooks for Pathways Cooks
Pathways cooks provides healthy, whole foods meals to women undergoing chemotherapy and their families. Drivers are needed on Wednesdays to deliver meals from 5:30pm – 6:30pm and would require between 30-60 minutes of driving time. Cooking volunteers are needed Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1-3:30 pm. Volunteers are needed to prep, cook, clean up or deliver meals. Two hour shifts or full shifts are both welcome. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.